The Best Solution to Hair Loss
Most men would love to grow poster-perfect shiny hair glowing with good health. Unfortunately, hair thinning happens to many men and trying to grow it back can be a disappointing exercise.
You have around 100,000 strands of hair on your head and it’s normal to shed 100 a day, but if more fall out it’s time to do something to slow it down. Losing your hair can be genetic, caused by a lack of iron and other vitamins and minerals, damage to the scalp, illnesses and stress, so a good way for men to start to fix the problem and grow it back is to eat well.
But all is not lost – try these natural remedies:
- Massage – Men can massage their scalp once weekly to increase nutritious blood to flow to the follicles helping with regrowth. Use olive oil, emu, almond, coconut, or castor oil, argan or wheat germ oils. Add a couple of drops of rosemary or lavender oil to these for quicker results in helping hair to grow back. Massage also helps with stress.
- Onion Juice – Juice an onion and rub the juices into your scalp. Onions contain sulphur, which increases blood flow and reduces inflammation, thereby aiding men’s hair regrowth. Onion also has antibacterial ingredients that can help fight scalp infections, kill germs and parasites.
- Indian gooseberry – For men who are losing their hair, try amla, or Indian gooseberry which has lots of vitamin C in it. Just mix one tablespoon of gooseberry pulp with lemon juice, massage into your scalp, cover with a shower cap and leave it on all night, washing it off your hair with shampoo in the morning.
- Fenugreek – This is another method men can use to grow their hair back. The seeds have a plant hormone that improves growth and helps repair follicles. They have protein and nicotinic acid to stimulate new growth. Soak the seeds overnight, grind them and make a paste to rub into your scalp for 40 minutes then wash off.
- Liquorice Root – Liquorice root soothes the scalp and opens pores helping to remove dry flakes that cause irritation. This means it’s a good remedy for men with dandruff or who are shedding too much hair as it improves hair regrowth. Just add a tablespoon of ground liquorice root to a glass of milk with a quarter of a tsp of saffron and mix well. Rub the paste onto bald patches and in the morning wash it off. Do this once or twice a week. Also drink liquorice tea.
- Aloe Vera – This age-old herb contains enzymes that promote the growth of healthy hair so it’s good for men who wish to grow hair. It is alkalising so helps return the scalp and hair to natural pH levels. Rub the plant gel into the scalp and leave for an hour or so to reduce inflammation and itchiness. It also strengthens the hair shafts and improve shininess. Wash it off with lukewarm water.