Twelve Ways to Make Your Hair Grow Faster
Table of contents
- Understand that this is not going to happen overnight.
- You may not believe it, but using scissors on your hair is a good thing.
- Don’t forget to condition after every shampoo.
- Do not shampoo your hair every time that you take a shower.
- Use a mask or oil treatment on your hair every week.
- Use supplements that boost the hair.
- Brush your hair with care.
- Get rid of all cotton pillowcases and switch to ones that have a sateen fabric.
- Do not wrap your hair in a towel.
- You may choose to put your ponytail in the same spot every time, but consider changing it up every so often.
- If you have bleached or very fragile hair, do not tie it up ever.
- After taking your daily shower, make sure that you rinse your hair with cold water.
Do you want to learn 12 ways to make your hair grow faster? Are you tired of your short hair and want to grow long and beautiful locks? We’re going to discuss a few ways to get the long hair that you’ve always wanted.
1. Understand that this is not going to happen overnight. You’re not a Chia Pet. According to hair expert, Mark Townsend, hair grows no more than an inch and a half monthly, if it is healthy and free of split ends. He should know because he was the stylist responsible for Ashley Olsen’s hair growing from bob to waist length. So, you’ll need to be patient and give you hair time to grow.
2. You may not believe it, but using scissors on your hair is a good thing. Although there’s nothing that proves that trimming hair speeds up hair growth, it does stop split tips from moving up to hair strands. Trim your hair often so that your hair doesn’t get split ends. According to Townsend, you should trim at least an eighth of an inch every 10 to 12 weeks. This decreases the likelihood that your hair gets split ends.
3. Don’t forget to condition after every shampoo. Wet hair needs to be conditioned according to Townsend. Because of heat and colour, your hair thins out over time. A good conditioner helps to replenish hair shaft proteins and lipids. It also helps hair growth by sealing the cuticle.
4. Do not shampoo your hair every time that you take a shower. Amazingly, a lot of women do not condition their hair when they shower. This is not a smart move, especially if you’re trying to increase hair growth. Why? Although shampoo gets rid of dirt and product residue, it also gets rid of the natural oils that are responsible for keeping your hair strands healthy and soft. However, if you choose to shampoo during every shower, start the lather process at the roots and let the soap lather move down to the hair stands naturally. This is gentler on your hair.
5. Use a mask or oil treatment on your hair every week. The hair that touches your shoulder is usually old hair, and it needs more conditioner than the hair that is closer to your scalp. According to Townsend, an oil treatment should be used before you actually shampoo your hair. He suggests that you mix one cup of unrefined coconut oil with one tablespoon each of jojoba oil, macadamia oil and almond oil. Put this mixture on wet hair and let it stay there for 10 minutes. Then follow your regular shampoo and conditioner routine.
An oil treatment works to put fatty acids in your hair, and shampooing your hair seals them in. According to Townsend, celebrities such as Diane Kruger, Kate Bosworth and even Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen have successfully used his personal oil treatment.
6. Use supplements that boost the hair. The body needs various nutrients to ensure hair growth. This means that you should take note of the foods that you eat. Yes, your diet may be healthy, but does it contain the nutrients that promote healthy hair growth? Townsend claims that he consumes Viviscal Extra Strength and biotin tablets daily, and he recommends it to his clients too. He says that this is a smart move if you want hair growth that is healthy the minute that it grows out of the hair follicle. Townsend also recommends that you check with your doctor before using hair boosting supplements. It is the best way to ensure that you are taking the correct amount, and that the supplements don’t have a bad effect on your current medication.
7. Brush your hair with care. Keep in mind that over brushing can damage the hair. If your hair gets tangled when wet, start the detangle process at the scalp and move to the hair tips. In error, most people do this the other way around. Unfortunately, this knots up hair even more when it is done incorrectly. Townsend also suggests using a Sheila Stotts Natural Boar Bristle Brush because the material moves the oils down hair strands and is gentler than most brushes.
8. Get rid of all cotton pillowcases and switch to ones that have a sateen fabric. He suggests purchasing the Wamsutta brand because it is soft, and it does not cause as much friction as woven cotton. This means that your hair won’t tangle as much.
9. Do not wrap your hair in a towel. Why is this a bad thing, even if it is a soft towel? This causes hair strands to break by getting caught in the woven fibers. In addition, most women generally wrap the towel too tight around the face, which really breaks off the softer hair that shapes the face. Townsend suggests using a soft microfiber hair towel such as the Aquis brand. It is safer to wrap the hair in a turban.
10. You may choose to put your ponytail in the same spot every time, but consider changing it up every so often. Doing so can help to improve hair growth and make it stronger.
11. If you have bleached or very fragile hair, do not tie it up ever. Even if you choose to wear it up in a ponytail just one time, you can do serious damage to your hair. You’ll end up with what hair stylists call “chemical cut.” This means that your hair eventually breaks off at the same point where it is tied up. Yes, the hair is neatly tied in place, but this won’t stop the breakage. If you feel the urge to get hair off of your neck due to some type of activity, twist your hair into a bun and use a claw clip or bobby pin to secure it. Your hair will be out of your way, but you won’t have to worry about it breaking off unnecessarily.
12. After taking your daily shower, make sure that you rinse your hair with cold water. According to Townsend, this does a good job of creating hair growth, and it helps keep long hair healthier much longer. How does this work? The cold water works to lay down the exterior layer of the hair strand. This makes the hair strand smoother, which helps to lock in more moisture. It also provides more protection from things such as tangles, snags and even damage due to high amounts of heat. You don’t have to keep your head underneath the shower head for a long time. It only takes a couple of seconds for this little tip to work.
If you truly want to have strong, healthy, beautiful long hair, use these 12 tips. They may seem trivial, but they will do a lot for the growth of your hair over time.
More information for :