A lot of people suffer from thinning hair, due to a variety of reasons. At a very young age, you could find yourself losing your hair because of conditions such as alopecia, or due to cancer treatments, stress, bad nutrition which leads to low mineral and vitamin levels, or some other disease or bodily/mental discomfort. Sometimes your hairline is receding, or the strands are too brittle and break off easily. This could be due to a lack of protein, and your scalp needing a little TLC. There are several ways to fix these problems, and we can give you several best hair loss treatments and remedies that can effectively help with receding or thinning hair.
Table of Contents
Managing Stress levels
If you are in a constant state of anxiety or stress it can make the body not perform at its best, therefore reduce the activity of hormones and increase that of others, causing you to experience balding. Keep your stress levels low by practising some calming exercises and meditation; take regular naps and breaks to keep your health at its best.
Keeping our bodies fit is important for our overall wellbeing, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Working out increases the heart rate, which in turn increases the flow of oxygenated blood in our bodies, which is vital for hair development and the best prevention of hair loss.
Check Your Blood Mineral and Vitamin Levels
One of the best hair treatment is maintaining the proper levels of essential minerals and vitamins in your blood. Low levels of zinc and vitamin D are associated with thinning and receding loss problems. Regularly take blood tests to check your mineral and vitamin levels and take supplements or eat meals rich in these to keep your level at the best ideal range for a strong and lustrous mane.
Eat a Balanced Diet
Meals containing all the food groups and proper amounts of nutrients in balanced quantities are very important for overall health especially your beautiful mane.
In a bid to get the perfectly coiffed hairstyle, people go to stylists who use harsh chemicals and heat. This is another factor that causes thinning. Try to keep your visit to the salon at most three time a year, and use natural oils and creams to moisturise and opt in for regular treatments.
Regularly Massage Your Scalp
Scalp massages using olive oil every morning and night are just the things to stimulate the growth of follicles, resulting thicker, healthier, and even shinier hair.
Other, more technical treatments for falling out hair or thinning hair are:
- Using medicines such as Minoxidil to stimulate follicles. People who have experienced balding swear to the effectiveness of this drug.
- Laser treatments are a very expensive method of regenerating hair, but it is also very effective.
- Cortisone injections are used in hair loss treatments to remedy hair loss due to hormonal imbalances.
- Traditional Chinese acupuncture is a branch of medicine that has also helped people with hair growth.
- Plastic surgery is another expensive type of hair treatment that is used to treat even the most severe of damage cases, such as burnt scalps. Plastic surgeons can transplant new follicles onto your scalp so as to regrow what is lost.
It would be wise to consult a dermatologist so as to ascertain the exact nature and cause of your hair loss before proceeding with any of these treatments.