Treatment for Skin Pores
Having specialised in hair regrowth, skincare, and cosmetic medicine for more than 30 years, Bioscor International offers clinically-tested treatments for skin pores in Melbourne, Australia to help you enhance your skin tone and overall complexion.
Catering to patients in and around Melbourne, our clinic follows a patient-centric approach that’s backed by years of scientific research and will help you minimise age spots, wrinkles, fine lines, or other skin-related issues.
The Truth about Pores
While skin pores might seem like a normal skin issue, there’s a lot people don’t know. Pores are small openings in the skin that allow sweat and oil to be released to the surface of the skin. Contrary to popular belief, skin pore size cannot be changed. They can appear enlarged or “open” due to blockage of the pore, and excessive dirt and oil build-up can result in acne or other skin issues.
Even though the pore size cannot be changed, there are treatments available to minimise their appearance. With the right equipment and procedure, a great number of skin issues can be addressed with ease.
What Causes Skin Pores?
Skin pores don’t appear at random intervals, certain conditions encourage the growth and enlargement of these pores:
- Genetics – In most cases, people have enlarged skin pores because of their genetics. This is one of the most common causes of large pores in patients.
- Sun Damage – Prolonged sun exposure without the use of sunscreen can also lead to enlarged pores. Excess sun exposure leads to the thickening of the skin and also decreases the amount of collagen, elastin, and water. This creates an imbalance in the skin tissue and your skin pores start appearing larger.
- Age Factors – As we age, our skin tends to lose its elasticity which makes it stretch and sag. This makes the pores appear larger.
Mild and moderate skin pores can be managed with a proper skincare routine. However, it is recommended to consult a specialist for skin pores before your skin problem gets worse. Enlarged pores can be prevented with simple preventive techniques such as:
- Keeping the skin clean and moisturised at all times
- Using non-comedogenic products
- Exfoliation from non-allergic products
- Applying sunscreen every day
- Staying hydrated
Skin Pores Treatment at Our Practice
Our team at Bioscor International aims at providing you with scientifically-proven, clinical treatment to treat skin pores. Right from your first consultation to guiding you with the recommended solution, our trained medical professionals leave no stone unturned to address multiple skin issues.
As a part of our treatment, we may recommend a series of different treatments for addressing your skin pores.