All About Hair
Hair is a filamentous (thin in diameter; like a thread) outgrowth of the skin, and it’s found only in mammals. Hair grows at around 11cm a year, and the average human has about 100,000 hair follicles from which the hair is produced on the scalp. Hair loss and lack of hair density can be caused by hormonal imbalances and genetics, along with the following:
- An iron deficiency – iron carries nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles. Without nourishment, the follicles don’t produce hair.
- Thyroid disorder – Severe and prolonged hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism can cause hair loss. Regrowth is typical when the thyroid disorder is treated, though it may take months and be incomplete
- Creatine Supplements – Creatine is found in red meat and fish. High dose supplements may increase levels of the hormone DHT, which is implicated in hair loss.
- Stress – Hair loss and stress are related. The types of hair loss associated with high stress levels are Telogen effluvium which sends follicles into a rest phase, Trichotillomania, a psychological problem associated with an urge to pull the hair out, and Alopecia areata in which the immune system attacks the follicles.
Does Masturbation Cause Hair Loss?
There are many myths about masturbation, and many people find it hard to talk about, which means myths flourish. But the myth that masturbation causes hair loss is not proven by science. The myths may have come from ideas about protein loss or changes in testosterone levels. Since semen contains high levels of protein, with each ejaculation, the body loses protein that could be used for growing hair. The truth is, the amount of protein is so small the body would barely notice the loss, so no, masturbation has no effect on hair density.
There is also NO evidence that masturbation will:
- Make hair grow on your palms
- Make you go blind
- Damage your genitals
- Make women unfertile and men impotent
At Bioscor, the goal of our Natural Hair Regrowth Program is to increase your hair density naturally, using our best hair regrowth products and treatments. Our program is medically-supervised and all our methods have been clinically-proven to regrow hair. If you’re in Victoria, why not have a virtual chat with our Melbourne experts today!